Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Stump the King - Jennifer Love Hewitt

In case you haven't heard, new pictures of Jennifer Love Hewitt in a bikini have surfaced on the internet. In case you haven't seen them, I'll tell you that there is nothing particularly scandalous about the shots.

There is no nudity, accidental or otherwise. She's not eating a sloppy hamburger or doing anything else "unladylike." Truthfully, the only reason these pictures are getting any notice at all is because they reveal Ms. Hewitt's "curvy, cellulite-ridden physique."

Normally, I wouldn't give this kind of non-event the time of day but I bring it up not because of the pictures themselves but because of Ms. Hewitt's reaction to them.

While most female celebrities are ignoring these kind of photos. JLH shot back at her detractors saying, " I've sat by in silence for a long time now about the way women's bodies are constantly scrutinized. To set the record straight, I'm not upset for me, but for all of the girls out there that are struggling with their body image. A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful."

Like Tyra Banks, before her, JLH has taken the world one baby step closer to understanding that real-life beauty is never perfect. As a father of two young girls, I appreciate her comments and as a typical American male, I appreciate the pictures.

http://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=136821539623545108

No comments: